· Born and raised in western Maine
· Worked for the Maine Conservation Corp building sections of the Appalachian Trail
· Completed safety classes for Hunting, ATV, Snowmobile and Boating
·Maine Guide training at LL Bean
· Registered Maine Guide in Recreation
· CPR/First Aid certified
· Degree in Hospitality from Southern Maine Community College
· Educator of outdoor life activities at the YMCA summer camp
· Employed full time at Edward Little High School in the English Language Learners "ELL" department
Bethel Adventure Tours founder and Maine Guide, Alex Carr, has been an outdoorsman his entire life. Growing up in the Bethel area he enjoyed all sorts of outdoor activities. After college he spent 22 years as a U.S. Naval Flight officer. While stationed in Germany he completed 3 separate 500+ mile self guided bike/camping tours.
Alex has worked for over 7 years as a Maine bicycle tour guide, leading both day tours and multi-day trips. His guiding experience also includes hiking, paddling, and nature excursions. Alex is a Level 2 Professional Ski Instructors of America (PSIA) instructor, in both adult and children disciplines. His specialty is leading groups of 10-13 year old children all over the woods and trails of Sunday River.
Next Step Wilderness Adventures, founder and Maine Hunting, Fishing and
Nathan Edwards grew up in Poland Springs. Nathan has spent over
Hunting, Fishing, Ice Fishing, Hiking and Camping, Lakes Region to the
Western Mountains of Jackman Maine.
Nathan has worked in the Lumber Industry for 20+ years with a certificate in Supervision and Leadership
from USM Nathan is a full time Sawmill Supervisor.
- Maine Guide School 360 Course
- CPR/AED First Aid Certified
- Hunting, Archery, Crossbow and Boating Safety courses.
Outdoor Educator (bio coming soon)